Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Doorway to Professional Learning Communities



It is with great enthusiasm I am announcing to the world that I am beginning my journey to become the best Instructional Designer this world has seen! (applause please) I believe that I have the skills needed to offer this exciting job market and that by  obtaining this certification I will get the guidance needed to apply these skills in an organized manner.  Watch out world, here I come!

I have been considered this job opportunity for several years and follow many blogs about Instructional Design.  My number one favorite blog is The Rapid E-Learning Blog.  This blog features colorful graphics and frequent updates. The site shares practical tips to help you understand all things eLearning. Tom Kuhlmann, a veteran in the training industry, hosts the site. One of the reasons I am so attracted to this site is the way that Mr. Kuhlmann can get his readers motivated to want to succeed and grow. I am constantly amazed at the things he can get powerpoint to do; things I'm not sure that the creators even imaged it could do. In my book, Tom Kluhmann is the rock star of elearning.

I often look at the blog, The eLearning Coach written by Connie Malamed.  I am amazed at the content located on this site.  Ms. Malamen features eLearning Design, eLeaning 2.0, Cognition, Media, Reviews, Mobile, Business, and just a few Podcast.  The eLearning Coach should come with a warning label: Enter at your own risk, you will lose hours of time. Her posts are all interesting, well written and relevant to online learners, instructional designers, teachers, and learners. 

Finally, let's take a look at this refreshing blog Cathy Moore, Let's Save the World from Boring Elearning. Now, I don't know about you, but this sounds like my type of blog.  If I am going to be staring at my computer screen for hours at a time I enjoy a bit of humor. The first thing I read is that Ms. Moore claims to have "ideas that will help me develop action-packed learning materials for working adults." In one sentence she has me excited to read on!  I hope you will take notice of this blog, how well written it is and how visually appealing.  

So many blogs, so little time!  What's a learner to do? Three little letters.....RSS!
   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment